This should be great news, right? This is what we have been waiting for for eight weeks- clearance from the FBI! Well, one envelope contained great news- Jon has no criminal record. Well, I knew that, but now everyone we know can rest easy too.
The not so great news? The other envelope contained a new blank print card and a note that my prints were rejected because of "code L0117- insufficient pattern area (s) recorded for identification purposes." Meaning, they weren't clear enough to process.
That sooooooooo stinks!
So, not only did we get a eight week late start in getting the prints taken and to the FBI, (due to a misunderstanding by our social worker) we then waited another eight weeks just for me to be rejected???? After a five minute pity party filled with tears (I was by myself, thank goodness), I pulled myself together, had a talk with God and I was assured, "this rejection has a purpose". Hmmm. "Any chance you'll let me in on the reason for that?", I said. I have a feeling when I see the picture of our boys for the first time, that question will be answered.
I am seeing many truths confirmed through this adoption:
* most glaringly: EXPECT the UNEXPECTED!
* our plan is not God's plan
* God's plan is better for us
* it doesn't do any good to feel sorry for myself- just makes me feel worse
* I am so thankful for my husband
* I see how compassionate and loving my kids are
* that I have great family and friends who are praying for us
* overcoming trials with perseverance makes us stronger
* God will never leave us or forsake us
* Each roadblock put in our way has a purpose which will lead us to the two precious boys God has planned to be part of our family
So, am I disappointed with yet another delay? Absolutely.
Will I get over it? Yep.
Am I confident in God's promise from Romans 8:28 ? 'And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.'
Move out of the way
3 years ago