Friday, April 23, 2010

F.B.I. Envelopes in the Mail!

This should be great news, right? This is what we have been waiting for for eight weeks- clearance from the FBI! Well, one envelope contained great news- Jon has no criminal record. Well, I knew that, but now everyone we know can rest easy too.

The not so great news? The other envelope contained a new blank print card and a note that my prints were rejected because of "code L0117- insufficient pattern area (s) recorded for identification purposes." Meaning, they weren't clear enough to process.

That sooooooooo stinks!

So, not only did we get a eight week late start in getting the prints taken and to the FBI, (due to a misunderstanding by our social worker) we then waited another eight weeks just for me to be rejected???? After a five minute pity party filled with tears (I was by myself, thank goodness), I pulled myself together, had a talk with God and I was assured, "this rejection has a purpose". Hmmm. "Any chance you'll let me in on the reason for that?", I said. I have a feeling when I see the picture of our boys for the first time, that question will be answered.

I am seeing many truths confirmed through this adoption:

* most glaringly: EXPECT the UNEXPECTED!

* our plan is not God's plan

* God's plan is better for us

* it doesn't do any good to feel sorry for myself- just makes me feel worse

* I am so thankful for my husband

* I see how compassionate and loving my kids are

* that I have great family and friends who are praying for us

* overcoming trials with perseverance makes us stronger

* God will never leave us or forsake us

* Each roadblock put in our way has a purpose which will lead us to the two precious boys God has planned to be part of our family

So, am I disappointed with yet another delay? Absolutely.

Will I get over it? Yep.

Am I confident in God's promise from Romans 8:28 ? 'And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.'

NO doubt.

4 comments:

  1. oh no! i'm so so sorry! this was my worst fear... we were late in sending ours in too b/c of a misunderstanding... ugh. i hate this for you. send two cards this time w/your prints so they have 2 sets to work with. i read that you can do that... and graffiti that envelope w/"FOR ADOPTION" all over!!! ugh. praying for a quick return this time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooo sorry! We will be praying for you guys
    becca
    ourjourneyto6.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, this JUST happened to us too!!! All came back good except one! Now we are starting all over with Gibson's!

    ReplyDelete