Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

A quiet morning and loving it. My kids are doing their own thing, a little TV, giving the dog a bath, making breakfast for each other. I am able to take some time to sit in peace and reflect on my Father's love for me. I am so thankful for his most precious gift to us all, the birth of his son, our Savior. Thank you God!

I know I haven't been very good at keeping this blog updated, but I'm working on it. We had our first social worker visit on 12/10. She was wonderful! We were at her office in Elm Grove for over 2 1/2 hours. She made us feel so comfortable, and gave us lots of useful and purposeful information. She will come visit our house on 12/30, to do an inspection, meet and talk to the kids and have further individual discussions with Jon and I. We then went out for our first Ethiopian meal- injera, doro wat, and several other dishes I can't remember. It was a neat experience and I can see that I will need to do lots of practice cooking during the next 9 months to fix something that Payton, Ava and Alaina will eat that our new kiddos will love as well.

We watched Faith Hill's special last night on adoption and Jon and I were both in tears. It breaks our heart to see kids without moms and dads to love and encourage them and tuck them in at night. We pray that God has given our kids in Ethiopia some peace in their hearts, knowing that sometime soon their mommy and daddy will be coming to get them!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather! Oh, what an exciting journey you are just beginning! I am so happy to be connected to you and am looking forward to following your experiences in this process. Please feel free to email me with anything! Merry Christmas and happy new year!!

    Love, in Christ,
    Traci tweldie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete